AutoParts.Repair needed a tool to power on and test automotive instrument clusters without a vehicle.
- Needs to be versatile for all vehicle manufacturers past and present
- Capable to test many manufacturers for all years
- Capable of testing analog and digital circuits
- Key manufacturers that must be included; BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Bentley, Porsche.
- Create a pattern to mimic a vehicle from start Engine On, To running, to drive at 100 MPH, to ACC, to Engine off
- Check gauges and all indicator lamps
- Check back lighting lamps
Designed and developed a custom touchscreen prototype for AutoParts.Repair to test and assist with the diagnosis of electronic automotive parts. The device, a 12v ARM micro-controller with touchscreen, emulates a vehicle’s running vitals to drive and test electronic auto parts without the vehicle. CAN Bus, PWM and other vehicle communication technologies and methods were utilized using the solution was built using C++ with VS/Arduino IDE as the core development tools. AutoCAD, Eagle and Mach5 CNC were used for the prototyping of the case and circuit board.
Test Drive v1.0
Automotive Parts Driver Prototype